Wednesday, January 28, 2015

How I can see from what i'm doing in my job that reflects back on me.

Last week Lisa and I saved someone's life by just a simple blood draw, it is amazing how you feel after that. Sure its just a simple blood draw when someone is on coumadin they have to be watched regularly to make sure the blood isn't to thick or to thin there are two ways to do it. The first way is to draw it in a blue tube a sodium heparin tube the second is a device similar to a diabetes machine gives it to us right away when your in the coumadin clinic thats how it is done so that the doctor can adjust your dose before you leave the office. The patient wasn't registering on the machine we kept getting errors and so finally we drew their blood and sent it stat. They were also sick at this time when the results came back they had to go back to hospital and they had been bleeding internally. The doctor came and thank us for our decisions to draw it and it stat. This week they came back and we talked for awhile about how thankful they were to be alive and they thanked us again. They told us how scary it was and I told them I had gone through the same thing about a year ago but a tubal pregnancy instead and we both felt very lucky to be alive with our familys today. I have this knack for remembering people I don't know how I am like that but one person was really sick I took a lot of blood from the blood culture bottles plus lots of tubes. Yesterday they looked so much better I recapped everything that had happened that day they were surprised on how much I had remember about them. We get mission letters every monday this week ours was about looking back at the things we had done when we were little and we can remember doing certain things and that put us to where we are today in life in our jobs. I loved helping people and making them feel special and loved and as I got older I wanted to help them feel better. I get to have great people that I get to meet and learn lots about their life the happy parts and the sad parts but it makes you just feel so great. They usually leave with a big smile on their face. I love what I do and I love being there to help find out what is wrong with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment